Face Up Group Inc. - a US based, energetic, ambitious, financially secure, young public company, specializing in social networking and online gaming is growing.
The company is launching the first major beta version of its online platform within the next couple of months. During this time we will be looking to add the following positions to start taking the product and technology to the next level.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please apply by email: jobs@FaceUpGaming.com
You will lead an innovative team of software developers to design and build our online social network and API (similar to Facebook, Vkontakte, LinkedIn, etc.). You're a very hands-on software architect and technical manager who can influence and lead the architecture, design and development of a scalable, high performance, and high reliability platform. You'll recruit, mentor, and lead a team of 8-10 exceptionally talented engineers. You'll lead through uncertainty and collaborate with other engineering teams, Business Development, and teams across the organization to make things happen to achieve desired results.
Desired Skills & Experience
These factors will make you successful in this role:
(1) Deep Software Technical Skills: You are deeply technical, understand how to break down problems and design extensible solutions. Reverse a linked list? That's way too easy for you. You write recursive programs navigating dependency graphs for fun. You are well grounded in object-oriented design patterns, algorithms, data structures, and development in C#.NET, or Java, etc. You know how to scale systems to a billion calls per day, how to parallelize requests, and how to apply asynchronous messaging. You have experience implementing distributed caching and know how to transform data while preserving integrity and consistency. In short, you could be the Architect or CTO of a large-scale Web 2.0 company. You likely have a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or closely related field.
(2) API Platform Experience: You understand the challenges of providing REST APIs (like LinkedIn API and Vkontakte API) along with SQL-style interfaces such as Yahoo's YQL or Facebook's FQL. You have experience implementing 2-legged and 3-legged OAuth authentication and authorization. You should understand how to throttle distributed API requests and implement fault-tolerant systems that offer commercial-level availability.
(3) Management and Cross-Organizational Influence: You have demonstrated successful leadership in building and leading small, high-performance engineering teams. You understand the value of relationships and are highly effective at influencing cross-organizational teams to implement internal component APIs to meet the needs of external consumers. You communicate effectively to all levels inside the company and with partners.
In short, you rock! Your team rocks too! If this is you, apply now.
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 10 years of software development experience, with at least 3 years designing and building sites that take advantage of social networking technology.
- Understanding Web application development concepts including architecture, design, building, testing, and deployment.
- Experience and Knowledge of social networking technology limitations with the expertise to overcome those technical challenges.
- Experience with APIs from leading social networking sites.
- The creativity and initiative to successfully drive a solution given a clear goal but a limited set of requirements.
- Experience selecting and working with third-party vendors and partners to design and integrate external solutions and products.
- Ability to work effectively in an Agile/SCRUM programming environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has a love for games. You should have a passion for creating games to be played by millions of gamers, worldwide. Our games are for legal real-money play, so the quality bar is set very high. You will be working with a small and collaborative team in a fast-paced environment, and you must be a self-starter and fast learner. You will get a lot of ownership over what you do. You will have the opportunity to not only design and write code, but also to contribute ideas to make our games great.
The successful candidate will have a track record of scalable, server-side development. Extra consideration will be given to candidates with multi-player gaming experience and or experience in the wagering or social gaming industries.
The Senior Software Engineer is expected to:
- Develop server-based games and other applications
- Integrate our software into external 3rd party systems
- Participate in fast-paced development cycles
- Contribute and participate in new feature/product specifications
- Work with graphics files, animations, and other graphical assets
- Check into revision control and document their work thoroughly
- Be extremely organized and fully briefed within their realm of responsibility
- Work independently or as part of a team when necessary, but always productively
- Act as a leader within the company, take ownership
Required experience and knowledge:
- Several years of C/C++ experience
- Several years development experience with Linux systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in technology or science
- Excellent teamwork skills and great attitude
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Other experience and knowledge:
- Development and maintenance of large (500+ KLOC) projects
- Linux systems installation and administration experience
- Internet product development experience
- Multithreading and synchronization experience
- Game development experience, particularly in the wagering and social industries
- Experience with data warehouses, large data volumes, and business intelligence
- Linux, Subversion, Bugzilla experience
Prior game development or wagering industry experience is a plus.
We are looking for strong Unix/Linux/Windows administrators.
The job description:
We are looking for a senior level Linux/Windows Systems Administrator to join our team. Candidate should have experience supporting Linux and Windows operating systems in a 24x7 production web environment supporting 100+ nodes. Are you looking to join a team that's committed to working on cutting edge technology, and having fun doing it?
We are committed to developing high quality social network and multi player games!
- BA in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field (or equivalent experience) required
- 8+ years of Linux/Unix and Windows systems administration experience
- Exposure to high-traffic environment (multi-gigabit)
- Expert knowledge of troubleshooting tools (i.e tcpdump, netstat, iostat, traceroute)
- Knowledge of Linux Ubuntu administration
- Systems administration-level knowledge of HTTP/Apache, DNS/BIND, SSH, SNMP, NFS, Perl and/or Shell, Windows 2008, Windows and Linux monitoring tools, Terminal Server
- Experience with performance tuning, package installation, patch management updates, network and server management issues
- Experience managing multi-site, large scale server farms required
- Experience managing cloud environments is a plus
- Experience with LDAP a plus
- Experience supporting complex systems in a 24x7 environment
- Experience in fast-pace consumer web environment is a big plus